Philadelphia, PA: Bridesburg
Originally established in 1816, this industrial campus was once the center of U.S. ammunition design and development during the country’s wartime efforts. Today, the Arsenal is reimagined by Alliance HSP as an incubator for creative professionals, urban manufacturing, specialty distribution and industrial showrooms. The project tasked the design team to consider a 1,500 SF “field office” for Alliance HSP as well as a 3,500 SF “spec” office suite for a potential tenant; each with room for conferencing, private offices, a break area and an open flex space. The resulting project utilizes a constrained material palette and selective furnishings to highlight the existing architecture while providing dynamic commercial workspaces.